Flash is too full

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Mon Jun 9 03:13:21 EDT 2008

I have an XO-1 that has stopped booting correctly after I tried to install
some large activities from a flash drive.

I cannot make a clean install because it has firmware security enabled and I
am unable to interrupt the boot without the developer key, which I don't
have. I can't create one because it doesn't boot.

On boot, the normal screen is an XO symbol, which then spins 360 degrees
tracing out a circle of dots. On this one, it slows and crawls to a stop
before completing the circle. If I leave it running it gets to a state where
a white screen flashes up (as if Sugar is beginning to start) then flashes
off and the command lines etc are seen....eventually it says it is disabling
for  minutes due to "respawning too fast" and I have a window when I can log
onto the back end / shell as root and type commands. But not sure what to
do!

David Leeming