New XO-LiveCD Release 080607

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Mon Jun 9 23:45:44 EDT 2008

This worked pretty well for me. I booted the LiveCD off my Macbook Pro and
it started up the 703build of sugar (the previous LiveCD). Nice and fast!
The only problem was the aspect ratio of my screen doesn't meet that of
Sugar so some things are cut off the bottom making it difficult or
impossible in some activities to work. Record couldn't use the camera or
microphone, but measure could use the mic. Pippy could use the sound well,
but you can't read the 'run' and 'stop' buttons. They are just buttons with
no words.

I think this is a great way for teachers or others who don't have an XO to
work with Sugar and the activities to help design or enhance their
curriculum.

Thanks!!
Kim