New joyride build 2222

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Wed Jul 30 00:08:39 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:

>>> I can confirm that Measure does NOT work.
>>
>> Which version of Measure?
> 17
>
>> What is the problem with it?
> When I launched it from Home View, its icon blinked and blinked and
> eventually disappeared.  The screen drawn by the Activity itself
> never appeared.
>
>> Which version of joyride did it last work in?
> I do not remember.
>
>> You may be seeing #7467
> No.  #7467 describes a "Not implemented" error.
> What I described never got that far.
>
>>> Neither does PlayGo.
>>
>> Same questions.
> Version 1.  Same problem.  Don't remember which version it last
> worked in.  #7467 does not mention PlayGo.
>
>> Do both of these activities use Numeric?
> I have no idea.  For me, both of these activities logged an error
> something along the lines of "'numeric' not found".
>
> After I installed the rpm for python-numeric, both activities
> launched into their Activity-drawn screens.

Note that just replacing:
 import Numeric
with:
 import numpy.oldnumeric as Numeric

may be sufficient to fix these activities.  If more invasive changes
are required, numpy.oldnumeric.alter_code1 contains routines to
automatically convert most Numeric code to run under numpy.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )