PlayGo Patches/Commit access

Andrés Ambrois andresambrois at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:16:53 EDT 2008

On Monday 21 July 2008 08:50:53 Bastien wrote:
> Hi Andrés!
>
> I'm also a Go player and I'd really love to see this activity improve.
>
> Is it already possible to share this activity so that children can play
> together from two different XOs?  I was unable to get this working when
> I last tried.  If this is not possible yet, I think this should be a top
> priority, more than making it possible to play against GnuGo.

  Yes, I don't own an XO, but I've tried running two sugar-jhbuild instances,
and it works fine. Well, there's no turn enforcement (you can play anywhere
anytime, even if it's the other guys turn), and you can't really tell if
anyone connected until they place a stone. So its very rough around the
edges.

  I also agree on the GnuGo priority. KISS first :).

> As for requests about getting commit access, I thought each activity had
> a maintainer with its email well advertized, but this is not the case.
>
> The maintainer's email could appear either on the activity wiki page
> and/or in the git repository.  Sadly enough, there is no such contact
> information neither on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/PlayGo nor in the git
> repo: http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/PlayGo;a=summary (there is
> only "Gerard J. Cerchio" as a name...)
>
> Another good place to find the name of the maintainer would be
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities
>
> In other git repos, the "Owner" is often an email, which makes it
> straightforward for anyone to jump into a project.  See for example
> http://repo.or.cz/
>
> In gitorious.org or github.com, you can send messages to the owner:
>
>   http://gitorious.org/projects/basecms
>   http://github.com/agnathan/odf2logos/tree/master
>
> Looking forward to kibbitzing with people around here...

  The only mention I could find is on http://blog.circlesoft.com/ But if there
ever was a maintainer, it's clear that the project is completely orphaned.

--
 -Andrés