Joyride and microphone

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Jul 21 13:56:48 EDT 2008

Robert Myers wrote:

> Is this a software issue or did my mic die? Things were working before I
> upgraded to Joyride. Anything I can do to check?

You stated that it work in the ofw selftest so your hardware appears good.

> If this is a software issue are there libraries or versions I need to
> change?

Run alsamixer from the command like and take a look at what the various
settings are.  Make sure the mic is unmuted and that the record levels
are set properly and the v_refout is enabled (unmuted) and DC Mode disabled.

When using alsamixer make sure you switch to the "capture" settings with
the tab key to see the mic record level.  In "playback" the "mic"
control is not the microphone record control its the analog mixer
control which is the level of mic input thats routed back the the
speaker output.  Muted and zero is the proper setting for that control.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child