[sugar] Autosave in 8.2.0?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 11:59:38 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Thanks for not answering,

Hmm? Both Tomeu and me answered.

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-July/016914.html
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-July/016951.html

> and not updating the API doc,

The time I can devote to OLPC is *very* limited these days and I had
no time until today to even check this API was working properly... I
just finished up the python Activity bits and I have a patch up for
review. I will try to update the doc on monday.

> and me having
> to dig through Sugar patches to find out how this works.
>
> I updated the doc:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Low-level_Activity_API#D-Bus_Methods
> ===================
>        org.laptop.Activity.SyncData()
>        Called when the laptop is about to shutdown, reboot, or suspend. The
> activity must save its state in the datastore.
> Apparently this does not send a reason for having to sync - IMHO
> suspend is not as severe a reason as impending shutdown/reboot so an
> activity might want to choose to not save on suspend if suspends are
> as frequent as we anticipate.

This code never went in actually... See the mails I referenced.

Marco