Autosave in 8.2.0?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Jul 20 11:44:30 EDT 2008

Am 17.07.2008 um 07:37 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:

> Am 17.07.2008 um 00:10 schrieb Tomeu Vizoso:
>
>> Marco has added a session manager to Sugar (in 8.2.0) that takes care
>> of telling activities to save their work because the system is being
>> shut down. Haven't verified if this is complete and working. Have
>> you,
>> Marco? If so, this would also take care of the case where kids shut
>> down before closing all running activities first.
>

> How does this work from an activity's pov?
>
> - Bert -

Thanks for not answering, and not updating the API doc, and me having
to dig through Sugar patches to find out how this works.

I updated the doc:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Low-level_Activity_API#D-Bus_Methods
	org.laptop.Activity.SyncData()
	Called when the laptop is about to shutdown, reboot, or suspend. The
activity must save its state in the datastore.
Apparently this does not send a reason for having to sync - IMHO
suspend is not as severe a reason as impending shutdown/reboot so an
activity might want to choose to not save on suspend if suspends are
as frequent as we anticipate.

- Bert -