8.2.0 Release Notes

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Thu Jul 10 10:01:56 EDT 2008

We've had a couple of discussions about Release Notes and Feature lists.

Here is my proposal:

Feature lists -- I created a 'XO_Base_Features' page (which should keep the
running list of features the XO supports as of the latest stable release). I
added the "as of release 8.1.1" to the top of this page.

After 8.2 gets to be a stable release, then its features should be added the
Base Feature doc and the note "as of Release 8.2".

Since there are many people working on docs that claim to be the 8.2 new
feature set, I would like to recommend that Greg's 8.2 Release Notes
contains the source data for the 8.2 new features. Everyone else should
point to that and he will make sure this is kept up to date.

I would like to point all other pages that claim to be the new features for
8.2, to Greg's Release notes.

Will that work?

[Michael, your work on 8.2.0 New Features was really a list of Base
features, so I used that as the text for XO_Base_Features.
8.2.0_New_Features should point to Greg's release notes]

Greg - Please tell us when you have a good set of 8.2.0 new features in the
release notes.

Thanks!
Kim