8.2.0 Release Notes

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:47:02 EDT 2008

Hi Eben,

I was thinking that this page http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Releases

is a short and sweet overview of all current release. It should answer
questions like:
I saw a reference to 8.1.0 on a list, what is that?
I want to upgrade to the latest release, which one is current?

It should have
- status. e.g. Released, Under development, and maybe a more granular
under development breakdown by Milestone one I get some milestones agreed.

- link to release notes

- Brief explanation of what/who it was designed for and why you may want
to use it.

Then for more detail on each "Released" image you go to the release
notes. For more detail on "under development" images you go to its
working page (e.g. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/8.2.0). Then the working
page can be retired and the release notes becomes the go to link for
releases info once its released.

I hope that fits what you are suggesting. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Greg S