Reminder: Tuesday Release & Wednesday Software Meetings -- 2:00 PM EDT, #olpc-meeting on irc.freenode.org
cjb at laptop.org
Tue Jul 8 15:35:49 EDT 2008
> We'd like to try out using Gobby to record the agenda and minutes
> for Tuesday's release meeting. If you have an XO and will be
> joining the meeting, please run "yum install gobby" beforehand, or
> "apt-get install gobby" on an Ubuntu laptop. The server will be at
And here are our minutes and action items:
cjb cscott erikg dsd pgf dsaxena tomeu ypod dgilmore bemasc bert
Charlie (Celkan) Kim mstone Gregorio unmadindu walter martin_xsa
* Ypod mentioned that it's hard to get the hang of Koji. We agreed,
and offered to sit down with him to explain. Cjb asserted that a
package being outside of Koji should not impede that package making
it into a build for testing via the dropbox system.
AI: cjb and mstone to meet with ypod.
* Trac process: In response to ticket workflow questions (specifically:
when should tickets get closed), Michael suggested the following
process through Trac "next action" states:
code -> package -> add to build -> developer test in build
After testing, the developer tags the bug with the results, e.g.:
joyride-2126:- or joyride-2126:+
if +, the developer moves the ticket's "next action" to "finalize"
QA will then close the ticket at some later stage, perhaps after
making relevant additions to the release notes.
AI: Joe will call a Trac meeting to discuss this later this week.
* The changelog tools we have aren't very good. We should improve them.
AI: Chris, Michael and Dennis to meet to work on changelog tools.
* Which build should be used for testing? Joyride-2128 -- earlier
builds lost olpc-netlog, which is required for testing.
* Metrics for "release readiness". cscott sent mail to devel recapping
the "state of the update.1" email
AI: Chris to help with finding a metric we can use to define
release-readiness, such as (but better than) number of
blocker bugs open.
* Better user feedback from the field? David Cavallo wants to talk
to us about what the learning team is up to later this week.
* Greg brought up there not being a release contract for touchpad
improvements. The touchpad driver change is now present in latest
joyrides; needs testing.
* Status of 8.2.0.
AI: Michael to send out 8.2.0 status e-mail by Friday. Should
identify a "test candidate" and maybe a short explanation of
what to expect from it.
AI: Joe to test joyride-2128, report back.
* How will we write release notes for 8.2? Mstone, Greg, Kim and Jim
will do so together here:
Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org>
More information about the Devel