Reminder: Tuesday Release & Wednesday Software Meetings -- 2:00 PM EDT, #olpc-meeting on irc.freenode.org

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Jul 8 15:35:49 EDT 2008

Hi,

   > We'd like to try out using Gobby to record the agenda and minutes
   > for Tuesday's release meeting.  If you have an XO and will be
   > joining the meeting, please run "yum install gobby" beforehand, or
   > "apt-get install gobby" on an Ubuntu laptop.  The server will be at
   > pullcord.laptop.org.

And here are our minutes and action items:

Attendance:

   cjb cscott erikg dsd pgf dsaxena tomeu ypod dgilmore bemasc bert
   Charlie (Celkan) Kim mstone Gregorio unmadindu walter martin_xsa
   eben

Minutes:

* Ypod mentioned that it's hard to get the hang of Koji.  We agreed,
  and offered to sit down with him to explain.  Cjb asserted that a
  package being outside of Koji should not impede that package making
  it into a build for testing via the dropbox system.

  AI: cjb and mstone to meet with ypod.

* Trac process: In response to ticket workflow questions (specifically:
  when should tickets get closed), Michael suggested the following
  process through Trac "next action" states:

    code -> package -> add to build -> developer test in build

  After testing, the developer tags the bug with the results, e.g.:
    joyride-2126:-    or   joyride-2126:+

  if +, the developer moves the ticket's "next action" to "finalize"
  QA will then close the ticket at some later stage, perhaps after
  making relevant additions to the release notes.

  AI: Joe will call a Trac meeting to discuss this later this week.

* The changelog tools we have aren't very good.  We should improve them.

  AI: Chris, Michael and Dennis to meet to work on changelog tools.

* Which build should be used for testing?  Joyride-2128 -- earlier
  builds lost olpc-netlog, which is required for testing.

* Metrics for "release readiness".  cscott sent mail to devel recapping
  the "state of the update.1" email

  AI: Chris to help with finding a metric we can use to define
      release-readiness, such as (but better than) number of
      blocker bugs open.

* Better user feedback from the field?  David Cavallo wants to talk
  to us about what the learning team is up to later this week.

* Greg brought up there not being a release contract for touchpad
  improvements.  The touchpad driver change is now present in latest
  joyrides; needs testing.

* Status of 8.2.0.

  AI: Michael to send out 8.2.0 status e-mail by Friday.  Should
      identify a "test candidate" and maybe a short explanation of
      what to expect from it.

  AI: Joe to test joyride-2128, report back.

* How will we write release notes for 8.2?  Mstone, Greg, Kim and Jim
  will do so together here:
  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_8.2.0_Software_Release_Notes

Thanks,

- Chris.