Reminder: Tuesday Release & Wednesday Software Meetings -- 2:00 PM EDT, #olpc-meeting on irc.freenode.org

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Jul 8 17:45:09 EDT 2008

pgf at laptop.org wrote:
> sameer wrote:
>  > pgf at laptop.org wrote:
>  > > sameer wrote:
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Ubuntu uses Gobby for its UDS (Ubuntu Developer Summit) meetings and it
>  > >  > works quite well.
>  > >
>  > > perhaps they have a usage model (guidelines) that would be
>  > > interesting to look at.
>  > >
>  > Overall UDS participation instructions from the Sevilla UDS at
>  > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-Sevilla/Participate and Boston UDS at
>  > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-Boston/Participate
>  >

> it's not clear from those pages, but it looks like they may use
> gobby only for the doc editing feature.  VOIP and IRC are used
> for chat.

Yes, Gobby is used for taking notes. Each topic discussed ends up into a
document. Someone (probably pre-assigned) has to save it locally. Gobby
does support chat, but UDS uses IRC and VoIP (as far as I know).

Gobby screenshot http://gobby.0x539.de/screenshots/gobby-0.4.5-linux.png

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.