8.2 Kernel status update

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at laptop.org
Wed Jul 2 01:40:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm out of town in meetings all day tommorrow so won't make it to
the software status meeting. From a kernel POV, the biggest bugs
in 8.2 AFAIK are touchpad issues (7341) and wireless suspend resume
issues (7303). Dilinger has a patch for the former that disables pen
tablet mode that will hopefuly help with a lot of the issue and I
believe Richard is testing it (I would do it now if I didn't have
to jump on plane in 6 hours).  Andrey from Cozybits fixed up the
wifi issue and build 2097 contains the appropriate bits.

The one major change I was hopeing to get into kernel for 8.2
is integrating intiramfs and kernel into one RPM but I think
the probability of getting that done in next few days is not
too high ATM.

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena <dsaxena at laptop.org>