How do we manage translation effort in Release process/roadmap?

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 13:10:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.
> I have read though Greg's release process draft of OLPC
> (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Process_Home)
> and ReleaseTeam/Roadmap of SugarLabs
> (http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap).
> But both draft documents haven't explained translation of software
> (including activity) and others.
>
> Until midst of update.1 development, development of activities and
> translation had been aligned to the road map
> of XO software.  it was straightforward; we were notified when window
> for translation of whole project was opened/closed.
>
> Now our collaboration has become complex, because of SugarLabs's split.
> Translators are still working with one unified portal (i.e Pootle),
> but I can't understand how and when each PO will be pulled to build.
> Without those knowledge it would be difficult for translation
> community to manage their schedule.
> Could you please explain about this?

Hi,

I am preparing a document which explains the workflow, and should
clear the confusion (hopefully). For a quick answer to your question -
everything in XO Core and XO Bundled (except for a few modules like
Watch and Listen, Connect, etc) will be following the release schedule
at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap#Schedule
For a list of modules which are supposed to follow the schedule, check
out http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap#Glucose_Modules
and http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap#Fructose_Modules
I hope to see more modules following the Glucose schedule in the next
release cycles.

For the rest, expect to see them follow the OLPC release cycle,
something that is beginning to take shape at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Process_Home
Thanks,
Sayamindu

--