Classroom tools

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 22:15:49 EST 2008

I wrote a piece about this for OLPC News, on how the Collaborative
Discovery that the laptop promotes is defined in many classrooms as
"cheating".  For a contrary view, you could talk to the faculty of
Presidio School of Management, where team projects are the essence of
the curriculum, and teams are diligent in calling delinquent members
to account.

On Jan 18, 2008 7:46 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> When I showed my G1G1 to a teacher friend, just about his first
> thought was: "this is an opportunity for surreptitious assistance".
> Suppose Tommy needs to do something for school, but is stumped.
> He contacts Johnny on the mesh, who (for a suitable future pay-off)
> feeds Tommy the answer.  How is the teacher to know that Tommy did
> not do the task himself ?

Monitoring wireless traffic in the XO environment is not at all
difficult. Get a student to put something together for you. You don't
even need to read the packet contents. Just the addresses are
sufficient.

> mikus

Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/