libglade?

Jameson "Chema" Quinn jquinn at cs.oberlin.edu
Mon Jan 14 16:41:28 EST 2008

I'm still noodling around, trying to settle on a good design for develop. It
looks as if libglade would be nice to have. The interfaces it uses are
loaded directly from XML, which makes them separate from the source code. I
did a naive 'yum install libglade' and my XO pulled 100k for the library and
about 3.5 MB (uncompressed) of dependencies. For our purposes, under .5MB of
those dependencies are really needed.

If, after rebuilding to remove dependencies on gnome-libs and the like, the
whole thing came in at less than half a megabyte of uncompressed code, do
people think it should be included in the base system? Obviously, the OLPC
version would include all the sugar widgets...