Offering Hosting For OLPC Projects?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sun Jan 6 20:25:30 EST 2008

Hi Duane,

   > I pondered what I would do with it now that the new year is here,
   > and thought it would be both fun and interesting to offer free
   > hosting for projects I felt need the helping hand. This includes
   > any technical help (svn accounts, etc) I can give.

I think it would be better if you didn't do this -- we have no shortage
of bandwidth and disk space for project hosting at OLPC, and there are
significant advantages to having all OLPC projects available from a
single place.

I don't want to be discouraging, though; I'm sure we can come up with
a use for your server, but I don't think hosting is a good one.

Thanks!

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>