Offering Hosting For OLPC Projects?

Duane King dking at pimpsoft.com
Sun Jan 6 19:54:54 EST 2008

I'm not really sure how to say this, and I'm not even sure if this is the
correct forum (If not let me know please), but I own a co-located server
setup and I'm not really using that much of the bandwidth dedicated to the
server I own, and I feel kind of bad about how its mostly just sitting there
doing nothing when it *could* be doing something to help make the world a
better place.

I pondered what I would do with it now that the new year is here, and thought
it would be both fun and interesting to offer free hosting for projects I
felt need the helping hand. This includes any technical help (svn accounts,
etc) I can give.

I know that OLPC is already doing this, but that to me is not a good enough
reason to not help out when I can, so if you have a project and maybe what
you have is not enough, feel free to email me off the list with the subject
line of exactly "OLPC PROJECT REQUEST" (without the double quotes) and
explain what you want to do, what you need to do it.  Please also include
references and examples of what you have done in the past so I know you are
legit.

Thank you all for your time,
 - Duane King