Adding content to the XO

Eric Van Hensbergen ericvh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:48:21 EST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 11:10 PM, Benj. Mako Hill <mako at atdot.cc> wrote:
> <quote who="Eric Van Hensbergen" date="Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 12:25:48PM -0600">
> > I'm running with a stock laptop from the G1G1 program, the
> > instructions on the library grid (in the wiki) don't seem to match
> > what I see on my XO -- there is no /home/olpc/Library
>
> Strange. It should exist or should be created when you try to install an XOL.

Yes - the download seemed to succeed, but the content never showed up,
so I was trying to fault isolate.   It'd be really nice for someone to
build a "bundle verification" suite for content as well as activities
that is a bit more verbose on errors.

> > - let alone a /home/olpc/Library/makeindex.py
>
> This is incorrect. The file is /usr/share/library-common/make_index.py
> and it's been there since Ship.2
>
> Where did you find this documentation? It seems either very out of date
> or simply incorrect.

It was in the Library Grid wiki page, I can update it once I validate
the process.

 -eric