Open Simulator with Physics Engine

Kim Hawtin kim at hawtin.net.au
Thu Feb 14 19:29:52 EST 2008

Edward Cherlin wrote:
> Has anybody looked at this for the XO?
>
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/PhysicsEngines
>
> The physics is not very realistic yet. Presumably we could manage
> simple statics and dynamics, with graphs of position, velocity, and
> acceleration.
>
> I would like to have a simulation engine available for integration
> into e-textbooks. What other candidates are there?

I know its old, but have a look at xaero?

Some info here, I've not used it in more than ten years, but the hardware we
had then was less powerful than the XO is now;
  http://tog.acm.org/resources/RTNews/html/rtnv7n5.html#art6

I am not sure what license xaero is under, but that might lead to other things
of interest...

cheers,

Kim