New update.1 build 691

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Fri Feb 8 16:17:57 EST 2008

Kim Quirk wrote:
> Gary,
> Did you upgrade to 691 via olpc-update?

Yes.  It said there were some inconsistencies and had to do a
longer-form installation; I then thought I saw some other errors but
unless they're logged somewhere, they're gone.  But the update did
appear to succeed (new firmware, other fixes etc.)

> If so, can you remove your /home/olpc/.sugar/default/nm/network.cfg file
> and reboot? I had to do this to get my WPA connection to work. I haven't
> been able to test WEP with this build, but I wouldn't be surprised if it
> is similar.

At some point I did do this.  I'm now using a "fresh" network.cfg, and
things are mostly good (except as I said on each initial startup).

-- Gary