New update.1 build 691

Ricardo Carrano carrano at ricardocarrano.com
Fri Feb 8 19:35:14 EST 2008

> Ricardo,
> Can you tell us what method of update (cleaninstall or network upgrade)
> you did and if your WEP and WPA just came up working, or if there is any
> sort of reboots, etc. needed.

I updated via network (olpc-update) and no extra reboots were necessary.
WEP, which was broken since 656, worked immediately.

WPA _continued_ to work. If an update to 691 _causes_ WPA to work, then it
is a question of what was the previous version.

But more important, I believe, is the fact that WPA not always work for some
APs. Though this is not unusual in  many devices (not only on the XO) the
next step would be to determine which APs and WPA versions (encryption and
authentication methods) are problematic.

So, enabling debug...
echo 0x6180 > /sys/module/libertas/parameters/libertas_debug

... and sending dmesg outputs  to a filed WPA bug, can be useful.

-- RC