Module compilation on secondary machine

Snow Wolf snowwolf75 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 00:15:13 EST 2008

No luck using your prebuilt drivers.. I placed them off of the
/lib/modules tree but they didn't get loaded when I inserted the
module.  I tried usinf insmod to activate them, but all the ones I
tested returned the error:
  insmod: error inserting 'bfusb.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

So, for compiling, would I be correct in presuming a Fedroa machine
would be the best to compile on?  I currently have an Ubuntu machine
or two, but wouldn't be too difficult to install something else.