wiki.laptop.org upgrade

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Fri Dec 5 00:55:32 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 01:47:02PM +1800, David Farning wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Ed McNierney <ed at laptop.org> wrote:
>> David -
>>
>> I don't understand that comment.  What "several efforts" are you talking
>> about?  I don't think there were several efforts to publicize this outage -
>> if so, the scope of those efforts wasn't sufficient IMHO.
>
>I was speaking of larger communication issues.
>
>Two week ago you said that a statement would be forthcoming about the
>relationship between Sugar Labs and OLPC.  If you had _only_ failed to
>follow though, that would have been one thing.

> Instead, you asked one of your employees to to say that a statement
> would be coming.  Thereby putting his reputation, not yours, on the
> line.

For the record, I was the one who asked Ed and Kim to assent to
participating in a joint statement; not the other way around.

I requested this boon because I think that it's really quite important
for the representatives of OLPC and SugarLabs who need to work together
on a daily basis to be able to do so under mutually agreeable and
agreed-upon terms.

Now that I'm back from my visits with friends and family, I'll naturally
do what I can to see that this is put to rest as I hoped was going to
take place in my absence.

Michael

P.S. - Ed -- do you have any suggestions or edits that you'd like to
make before I start more broadly circulating, in draft form, the points
that I suggested to you last week?