reverting to ancient gstreamer, good time to implement change control?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Aug 19 14:28:30 EDT 2008

Hi,

   > How do people feel about the above?

Excellent, we should do that and retarget the more involved work for the
next release.

   > Assuming we go ahead, I feel this would be a good time to enter
   > change control. We would only implement the gstreamer reversion in
   > the 8.2 branch, and leave joyride with the buggy but current
   > gstreamer. Any thoughts on that?

We don't have a maintainer for the 8.2 build branch at the moment, so
it's not trivial to do this.  I think Michael is planning on continuing
to just use Joyride as the stream that will produce 8.2, until we get
a new (or acting) build master who has time to maintain two trees.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>