Test results on Joyride 2230?

S Page info at skierpage.com
Wed Aug 6 07:01:11 EDT 2008

Greg Smith wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can we get a "show of hands" on who downloaded joyride 2230?

I updated my G1G1 from 708 (Update 8.1.1 candidate).  Software updates
is very nice!  I had to erase Browse to update it, and I couldn't get
Log (viewer) to erase cleanly or install (these are in Trac already).  I
filed some "polish" bugs below.

Question: what should we put in Trac's "Version" field?  There's no
"joyride-2230" and it isn't "Development build as of this date".   Is
joyride still considered "olpc-3" ?

Gary wrote:
> 2). I keep seeing testing/release wiki links flying about, I do go
> look at them, just incase (and even occasionally edit), but the
> content seems to bit rot so quickly I switch back to using track
> (dev.laptop.org).

"Release Notes/8.2.0" has some issues and incompatible activities while
most of the bugs are in
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes#Build_joyride-2230>.
"Friends in testing" links to both.  That's just three pages to read and
update, did you find other pages flying about?

The screen rotate bug bit me twice, I really wish I had known not to
press that button!  And I wish I had known PDFs didn't work.  (I added
both to Test Group Release Notes.)  I agree a Trac query that displayed
the high priority known bugs in "this week's build" would be better than
notes on wiki pages.  I suspect such a query is hard to make (bugs get
fixed in later joyrides, there's no 2230 Version, etc.).

Some minor polish bugs:

ticket #7828 "erase activity" confusion

ticket #7830 The submit button in the Dev. Key form looks weird, "stripey"

ticket #7831 The Journal menu for Stopwatch activity installed from OLPC
library is too wide to fit screen.

Regards,
--
=S