Test results on Joyride 2230?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Aug 5 18:08:55 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 23:07 +0200, NoiseEHC wrote:
> Okay, it is a question I have been wanting to ask for a very long time.
> Is it better to spam the TRAC with crashes or similar malfunctions about
> alpha quality releases (like latest joyrides), or just be silent since
> it happens occasionally and you do not have the time and manpower to
> handle all those entries? I am asking this because there is not mention
> about this in the wiki and I would like to hear something "official"
> about this issue. For example normally I would not spam TRAC with
> usability issues or crash report about the F9 rebase, but I would file
> reports if you would make it the preferred method.

Unless you are told otherwise from a specific aspect of the system, you
should file tickets for actual bugs (assuming nobody else has done so).
Usability issues need to be taken on a case-by-case basis, since
sometimes they are debatable, just use common sense.

> For example:
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7824
> I know this since about 2200 but did not want to record since there are
> much much bigger issues about the XO. Would have been better to just
> file a ticket and forget that?

Yeah, I would have filed it anyway. It may well the case that it sits
around for months or longer without activity, that doesn't matter.

Another good aspect of having tickets like this is that it gives a good
entry point for potential new developers - it's likely to be an isolated
sugar-contained bug, is trivially easy to reproduce, and is likely just
a small error in a calculation somewhere.

Any new contributors looking for a starting point? :)

Thanks,
Daniel