Why we are about to not bother upkeeping TamTam.

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Aug 5 17:57:23 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 16:16 -0400, jean piche wrote:
>  I dont know why we even bother making new bundles with bug fixes that
> never get included into the builds. I mean the TamTam you are using is
> like 8 months old...

Many thanks for producing the releases. Sorry for my slow response. I am
planning on getting them into the builds myself, but I have been too
busy with other work.

If you are interested in doing this yourself, here is my approximate
plan of action:
 1. Test all the builds on latest joyride by installing manually
 2. Read the specs about Scott's activity updater (which are on the
   wiki, I think), in order to fully understand the processes involved
   in shipping new activity versions
 3. Make whatever modifcations are needed to include the newer bundles
   in the build

I think step 3 may just be modifying a page on the wiki, but I'm not
sure, which is why step 2 is there.

Thanks & apologies for slowness!
Daniel