GSoC: Listen and Spell: word sorting problem

Assim Deodia assim.deodia at
Mon Aug 4 03:40:30 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Sorry for the long delay in submitting reports.

Listen and Spell can now be used on XO provided it has Speech-Dispatcher
installed in it.. Weekly updates for listen-spell are at
The procedure to install Speechd is posted by hemant here(

However I am having some problem in sorting of words. I have used the
wordnet database with about 77538 words. I need to categorize these words
w.r.t to their ease of pronunciation and understanding.

Currently I have used length of words as the sorting factor. Does anyone
have any idea on how to achieve this?

Assim Deodia