Odd python proc control / buffering behaviour - fakeroot bug

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 05:23:30 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> something very basic is not working well with Python -

After a couple of days of rumination, it all became clear. Python is
off the hook, instead, I am being hit with a fakeroot bug,
characterised here
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=381016 , and with
trivial repo steps here
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=446351 .

Once I knew what the problem was, I found the bug reports and fixes immediately.

The real problem is that fakeroot on Fedora is not up to date - even
on F9. I will follow that up in a separate email :-)

So if you are using fakeroot on a Fedora machine, you have a nasty
race condition right there in the saving of the state file. You've
been warned...

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com