Requesting test help for OFW development release

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 03:59:25 EDT 2008

On 8/6/08, Mitch Bradley <wmb at laptop.org> wrote:

> John Gilmore wrote:
> >>          ok wifi my-ssid
> >>          ok flash http:\\dev.laptop.org\~wmb
> >>

> > This didn't work; it required saying:
> >

> >>          ok flash http:\\dev.laptop.org\~wmb\q2e12f.rom
> >>

> It is my policy to include at least one mistake in every set of
> instructions, to keep readers on their toes.  At least that is the
> excuse I'm going with today.
>

> > Once I'd flashed it, it doesn't complain about either my tiny 4GB
> > microSD-to-USB reader, nor about the 2GB reader that preceded it.
> >
> > However, if my older 2GB PQI SD card is plugged into the XO's SD
> > slot, it does complain:
> >
> >   Error: Unknown file system
> >   Can't open disk label package
> >
> > and then boots from NAND.
> >
> > That's because that SD card's partition 1 is full of gibberish.  I guess
> > it's working!
> >

> Sounds good.  I guess I'll declare victory on this one.  The response
> from my request for testers was disappointing.

Sorry, I just stumbled across this thread today...

Wrt testing related thing I'd suggest copying the testing mailing-list (
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/testing) as it's much lower volume and
therefore easier to keep track of things and actually read most messages in
a timely manner.

Also I think that including your request for testing in Michael's
weekly-beta mailing would make sense.

Just my 2 cents,
Christoph

>       John