Odd python proc control / buffering behaviour - fakeroot bug

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:03:19 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> The real problem is that fakeroot on Fedora is not up to date - even
> on F9. I will follow that up in a separate email :-)
>
> So if you are using fakeroot on a Fedora machine, you have a nasty
> race condition right there in the saving of the state file. You've
> been warned...

So from the dire warnings to better news - Axel Thimm wrote on
fedora-devel-list a few hs ago:

> The packages are in updates-testing (or will be once the master
> recollects them). I built them on Sunday, but the approval takes a
> while:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/pending/fakeroot-1.9.6-16.fc9
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/pending/fakeroot-1.9.6-16.fc8

And xs-dev repos are already sporting a rebuilt-for-xs version. Now
off to remove the nasty sleep 1 hack from xs-rsync and we are go.

thanks Axel!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions