fun and games with trying to un-suspend

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Apr 14 22:24:35 EDT 2008

G1G1, approximately Joyride 1858.  No wireless.
Have done 'touch /etc/ohm/inhibit-idle-suspend'

When I pushed the "power" button briefly, the XO suspended.

Wanted to "un-suspend" the XO.  But no matter what I pushed on the
keyboard (or front), the "power" LED lighted up briefly (about three
seconds), then went back to indicating 'suspended' (i.e., blinking
slowly).  The display stayed dark.

Finally was able to get the display to light up (and the XO to come
back to life) by judicious pressing of the "power" button.  It was
hit or miss (with more than 95% "miss").  Press it too short - back
to suspended;  press it too long - back to suspended;  press it at
the wrong instant - back to suspended.

Took what seemed a minute (from awakening) for the XO to recognize
my (external) USB keyboard again.

The whole experience was a bummer.

mikus