#3431 HIGH Trial-3: Need to be able to share objects in the mesh, not just activities

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:55:24 EDT 2007

I see this as a spectrum between sharing things almost-synchronously
(nothing is 100% synchronous) and sharing them highly asynchronously
(posting things you expect others halfway around the world to get in a
few weeks).  Another point on the spectrum is an Activity such as
Meshboard, which centers around asynchronous collaboration and the
persistance of a specialized 'bulletin board' view of postings that
anyone has made that have not yet expired.

Right now the mesh view supports pretty synchronous activities -
either you are actively doing something with someone, or you very
recently were.  Eben discusses sharing objects as "a snapshot, and not
in any way permanently linking/publishing the file (It should be a
momentary button)"...  Also worth considering are meshboard sharing of
objects with expiration date and more permanent sharing of objects.

SJ