#3431 HIGH Trial-3: Need to be able to share objects in the mesh, not just activities

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 02:39:37 EDT 2007

Just to reiterate from Kim's original posting:

We are not proposing this as a new feature for Trial-3, just " some
analysis of what is needed."

I am not married to the exact details* of the scenerio as described;
simply I want to suggest that to have mechanisms for sharing
activities and "objects" is the goal. From the user perspective, it is
a clear, simple, and powerful concept. How it gets implemented under
the hood and how it gets exposed in the UI is of course something that
needs careful thought.

-walter

* for one, it isn't clear that in "object" sharing, the same activity
that created an object need be the one that is used to open it when it
is shared. It might be sufficient to place the object in the journal
as the default action (or as a hover option) and use the Journal's
existing resume mechanism as the arbitor.

--
Walter Bender
One Laptop per Child