wireless networking

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Sep 13 15:03:46 EDT 2007

The DNS server provided by your DHCP server will be placed into /etc/
resolv.conf
by dhclient.   Don't do this manually.

dcbw might be able to provide info about setting the hostname.   This
is normally
specified in /etc/sysconfig/network (and mirrored in /etc/hosts), but
seems to be set
elsewhere on the XO.   The hostname provided to the DHCP server is
usually
specified in /etc/dhclient.conf,  but again, this doesn't seem to be
the case on the XO.

John