Pippy and Calculate - Evolution Solution

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Sat Sep 8 01:23:14 EDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 03:34:18PM -0700, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>   No no.  Do you have any reason to believe that cannot be done under
> grade 12?  (You can't really mean 12th graders... You mean 12 years
> old, right?)

I'm in Australia.  In our school system we use lowest common
denominator, class based teaching ... advancement in knowledge and skill
beyond the plan for the year is socially punished.  Bright kids learned
to hide their ability.  However, even with that, I have met 5 to 9 year
old kids who could do the math that was to be learned at age 15.

So I have no trouble with the idea of revealing the details of these
function derivations.

At worst we'll create a generation who know math better than anyone else
... and where's the problem with that?