Reporting bugs

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 03:17:57 EDT 2007

Bert Freudenberg writes:

> I've had comments like this on some of my own reports. These are
> usually not reproducable, strange things. Having to follow through
> when this is far from my own area of expertise simply takes time I
> can't effort. There indeed is "lack of interest on the part of the
> reporter", no denial here. I'm just saying that because of that, I
> stopped reporting those one-off bugs. Seeing comments like yours
> reinforces that decision.

This is sad, but understandable.

What is a bug reporter supposed to do about something that is
very difficult to reproduce? Just not report it?

I've hit a few bugs that I can't seem to reproduce. This does
not mean the bugs are non-existant or that they won't someday
destroy something like a child's journal content.