Networking hangs

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Nov 25 17:40:41 EST 2007

I'm running os637 over a USB Ethernet.

After a while (1 to several hours), the network stops working.  The mouse
still works, at least until I try something that's too complicated.

os623 didn't have this problem.

I haven't figured out what I'm doing (if anything) to trigger this.

There are several WiFi stations within range but they are never used for
traffic.  They show up on the Neighborhood view along with many children and
a few other things.  (I think they are from a fake mesh using ethernet back
to ???)

The symptom from the outside is that the arp cache entry has timed out.