Network association algorithm

James Cameron quozl at
Wed May 2 18:13:56 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 10:19:22AM -0400, Michail Bletsas wrote:
> If you look into the forwarding table you can actually find
> RSSI and rate info for your neighbors.

Ah, good.  So this could be taken into account in the mesh view,
positioning high RSSI neighbours closer to your own XO on screen.

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 05:03:52PM +0200, Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> Logarithmic or 1/n^2 ?
> Because radio signals get weaker by the square of the distance.

Didn't have time to be precise sorry.  The fact that it was changing and
changing faster as I got closer was more important than measuring the
exact threshold points.

James Cameron    mailto:quozl at