power management

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Mar 30 10:23:40 EDT 2007

On 29/03/07 23:48 -0500, Gopi P.M. wrote:
> Neat...
> So do you have a proc/sysfs interface to easily initiate suspend?

Same as everybody else - /sys/power/state.  It is very important for us
to keep as close to the standard interfaces as we possibly can.  There has
been far too much fragmentation in the past, and we don't want to be
guilty of that crime.  We will have some new interfaces that are unique
to OLPC, but we'll try to work with the linux-pm folks to ensure that
we do the right thing.

> How are you hooked up to  userspace?
> Do you have plans to integrate DPM user interface apis? Or go with keep it
> simple route and write a simple driver exposing some ioctls?

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  All control will happen through
/sys, again - like our PM counterparts.

> Assuming we have the basic suspend before sleep and resume on interrupts
> from wakeup sources working, do you have any roadmap or next steps?

Right now, I think that USB needs the most help.

Jordan