Power connector specification changes

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 28 11:11:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

the hardware specification wiki page changed in the last few days:

> External connectors:
>   * Power: 2-pin DC-input, 10 to 20 V usable, -50 to 39 V safe,
>     one-time fuse for excessive input

This new text is supposed to be clearer, but I'm puzzled as to what
excessive input is. Will the fuse blow in the "safe" range and thus
make the range safe or is excessive input anything outside the "safe"
range? Is the fuse easily replaceable (SMD soldering needed)?
Besides that, lowering the usable maximum input voltage to 20 V has
probably been discussed somewhere and there are surely good reasons
for it. However, this removes truck batteries from the list of usable
power sources. This is not necessarily a problem, but I thought it
should be mentioned.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--