Teleconference information for software status meeting (today, 21:00 EDT Boston) - Note time!!!!

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Mar 27 17:51:30 EDT 2007

***Please serious bug fixes only now, or trivial one liners of low
risk***  Please clear them with Chris Blizzard or myself first.

Please get time on Q2B81 ASAP!

OLPC software teleconference.   Note also the action item list below.

I've excavated Trac, which is back in decent shape. Please go through
trac and comment/close bugs that are done. Update our blocker and high
priority bugs even if the status is "no progress this week". You can
easily use the query page in trac to see what open issues you have.  The
following is a useful URL for helping look at BTest-3 bugs in trac.
http://tinyurl.com/2ancvq

Please send any agenda items.

DIAL IN:
  From  the United States: 866-213-2185
  From Outside the United States:  1-609-454-9914

access code: 8069698

problems? Call customer care
800-526-2655 or 205-206-2301

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=27&year=2007&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=43

Agenda:

Status
New Stable build????
Test-1 goals
JFFS2 problem status
Sugar crash on 340 and 343
Mesh status - how to better test with people, rather than artificial
	test jigs?
Battery problems - what's left?

Priorities
  * Test-1 requirements
        We need to have packaged ASAP:
                Calculator (done), media player (in progress),
		paint program (done),
                various flash players (tested), ebook reader (done)
                I'd like to see all packages in the build this week,
                with only bug fixes thereafter.
        server - wad
  * Suspend/resume

Current action items:

AI: wmb: publish a suspend/resume FW binary.
AI: dilinger, wmb: make sure released kernel works with fastpath FW
AI: dcbw and marcopg to investigate mesh/avahi not working.
      done, but we're seeing crashing reports
AI: Richard to work with Ronak  & Michailis to get him the wireless
wakeup info he needs.
- In progress - waiting for Quanta's input on EC signals.  Wad is making
a GPIO map.
AI: wmb - file a trac to figure out how to do LX board id.  assign to
wad

Previous action items:

AI: Richard - update trac tickets after releasing WLAN_RESET firmware

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child