Source code in the *.xo file?

MBurns maburns at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:27:59 EDT 2007

On 3/21/07, Albert Cahalan <acahalan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not everybody writes in interpreted languages.
> I hope everyone realizes that the GPL and LGPL
> both require that source be provided.

I assure you, they do.

>  (there are
> other ways, involving a 3-year agreement to ship
> source on something like a tape or floppy, but let's
> not go there)

These licenses do not require that you ship the source *with* the
product, only that you make it reasonably available (including
charging a reasonable amount for something like postage).

> So maybe I pack up up with bzip2 and toss that
> into the *.xo file?

No, thank you.

kernel:  http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=olpc-2.6;a=summary
other:   http://dev.laptop.org/git.do