[Trac #1053] OLPC needs a usable GUI (i.e. not Sugar)

Bipin Gautam bipin.gautam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:17:27 EDT 2007

Intresting read if you dont know;

---
"ONLY being easy to use" is bad, because it means that once the
initial learning curve is over, maybe you know the program, but you
can't actually do what you WANT to do. And that's *bad*. That's
*really* bad. It's actually much worse than being hard to use to begin
with, in many ways.

---
"If we're ever going to grow beyond our small community, I think that
what GNOME has done is important" added Blizzard. "You have to have a
very simple base to start with. ... Building a system that's simple
and friendly and works well is where we start. But we do need to
figure out how to grow with our users in an unobtrusive manner. I
don't think that any of us have figured out how to do that, and you're
paying the price for it."