printing

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 18:37:07 EDT 2007

On 3/17/07, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:
> Printing will be too expensive in many places; however, in others, it
> will make perfect sense.

If I keep printing support, things could look odd to people
who've never seen a printer. There is a printer icon and dialog.

> We have in the base system a cups client library which can talk to a
> cups server. (We don't want to run a local cups server due to space).

Library? Tux Paint does things the traditional way, sending postscript
to lpr via popen(). There doesn't seem to be an lpr command.

I can send PPM or PNG data instead, and of course I can change the
print command.