battery problems

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Mar 14 12:38:49 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 17:33 +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2007, at 15:51 , Jim Gettys wrote:
>
> > Please go ahead and try to resurrect your battery in your B2.
> >
> > Note my other mail on the topic: to go from 6V to proper charging
> > isn't
> > happening automatically.
>
> When I insert the dead battery in this B2, nothing happens.

I'd revise that to "nothing apparently happens".

> Battery
> status is 'absent'. How can I tell it is trickle-charging?

You can't.

The dead battery's voltage is so low, it can't respond to a query.

The B2 circuitry in such a case, on the chance there is a battery out
there, provides a small amount of current occasionally.

It takes quite a while to resurrect a battery; check on it tomorrow.
                                  - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child