301 network broken

Eric St-Jean esj at wwd.ca
Mon Mar 12 14:34:36 EDT 2007

Jean Piché wrote:

> None of the B2s we have can connect to the wifi with 301. Connection
> scripting with iwconfig and conecting with the Sugar mesh view are
> both unsuccessful.
> In the latter, the XO repeatedly prompts for the encryption key and in
> the former, dhclient cannot negotaite a lease.

i have a B2 on 301 which is able to negociate a lease; i used iwconfig
and dhclient (i tried with the GUI first, but nothing actually happened
- it prompted me for the key but didn't associate with the AP, even
though the triangle went blue - something i associated with "yes, good!").
However, even though everything looks fine (Managed, good signal, got
the lease, routing table is good), i couldn't ping or do anything. I
chalked it up to incompetence on my part and went to bed, but perhaps
it's something else...
this is with the Q2B76 firmware.