Google Gears included?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 06:05:04 EDT 2007

On 6/4/07, Noah Kantrowitz <kantrn at rpi.edu> wrote:
> probably would be very non-trivial to do. Chances are if you need
> persistence, you should really start thinking about making a real, local
> activity.

Agreed in an OLPC-pure kind of world -- but my focus is adapting
web-based tools like moodle to fit OLPC better, if possible in
portable ways... There's been discussion of writing a "Moodle rich
client" activity for the XO, but it's quite a bit of work. OTOH, a
GG-based persistence layer would be usable on XO and on any
bog-standard modern desktop (assuming GG gains popularity -- I'm sure
some persistence layer like it will).

cheers,

martin