Google Gears included?

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 09:20:40 EDT 2007

On 6/4/07, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/4/07, Noah Kantrowitz <kantrn at rpi.edu> wrote:
> > probably would be very non-trivial to do. Chances are if you need
> > persistence, you should really start thinking about making a real, local
> > activity.
>
> Agreed in an OLPC-pure kind of world -- but my focus is adapting
> web-based tools like moodle to fit OLPC better, if possible in
> portable ways... There's been discussion of writing a "Moodle rich
> client" activity for the XO, but it's quite a bit of work. OTOH, a
> GG-based persistence layer would be usable on XO and on any
> bog-standard modern desktop (assuming GG gains popularity -- I'm sure
> some persistence layer like it will).

A persistance layer of some kind is going to be required for the html
ebook reader that we're discussing at the moment. I'm attempting to
knock up a prototype.

The simplest thing that could possibly work for storing state is a
local webserver, and that's what I'm using at the moment, but I've
been told we now have pyxpcom support, so I might end up using that.

--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
  --Jonathan Lange