New autoreinstallation scripts with activation support.

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Jul 16 11:52:33 EDT 2007

On 7/16/07, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Additionally, "LEASES.XO" was generated on the USB drive. What data
> is in there? Should that file be kept secret? Isn't "*.xo" reserved
> for activity bundles? Or is the uppercase .XO significantly different
> form lowercase .xo? Anyway, I think this should be mentioned in the
> instructions.
[...]
> Then I wondered why I did to notices any "activation", and why there
> was no "/secure" directory after booting.

At the moment there is no activation code in the builds.  The
reinstallation update is first so that I can be sure the stub leases
are being placed before I turn on activation.

Further, the current activation leases are unsigned, again to allow us
to test and debug this code before we have a the full lease
infrastructure up.  When signatures are required, the
autoreinstallation stuff won't be able to make the lease file itself
-- but at the moment it makes "activation" painless while we're
developing the code.
  --scott
--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )